Once you have prepared your CSV file you are ready to import your contacts in bulk into your Enudge account. Including more information about each contact allows more granular targeting to specific segments and additional personalisation.
To ensure that the upload process works correctly, please note:
Each record must have either an email address or mobile phone number.
Make sure your CSV file does not contain blank rows - you don't need the heading row either: it will report an error about an invalid email address / mobile number if supplied.
Make sure your CSV file does not contain empty columns - this will cause your information to end up in the wrong Enudge fields.
If you supply a gender for your contacts, please enter either m or f.
If you supply the year of birth for your contacts, it must be a four digit number.
If you supply a value of HTML format for your contacts, it must be either yes (meaning send in HTML) or no (meaning send in text format). If you don't supply this value, your contacts will be automatically set to receive HTML format emails.
We highly recommend that you include the firstname and surname of each contact, to help you more easily select contacts for your campaigns and personalise your messages.
We highly recommend that you include at least one category for each contact you upload, making it easier for you to attach this set of contacts to a campaign.
To upload your contacts into Enudge:
1. Click Contacts from the main navigation, and choose Import Contacts (or choose Import Contacts from the Quick Links menu).
2. From the list of import methods, choose CSV or text file.
3. Browse to find your CSV file on your computer.
4. Tick the 'Update information if Contact already exists' if you would like a pre-existing contact record for the specified email address or mobile number to be updated with the information supplied in the CSV file. If you don't choose this option, any pre-existing contacts will be left unchanged, and that record in your CSV file will be ignored.
5. Click the Upload my Contacts button. Depending on how large your CSV file is and how fast your internet connection, it may take several minutes to upload.
6. You will then be presented with Enudge contact fields which you need to drag into the same order as contained in your CSV file, and drag into the 'not included' box, any fields that aren't present in your file. Under the 'not included' box, you will also find 9 custom fields, that you can use for storing additional data per contact, and segmenting via those fields. Refer to this article to learn more about how to import custom information. If you are using custom fields, be sure to drag those up into the 'included' section, and place them in the right order to match your CSV file columns.
7. Click the Process Field Order button to complete the import of your contacts.
You will see the following message on screen - click the OK button.
If you have uploaded a large number of contacts, it may take a few minutes for each record to be inserted. You can continue using your Enudge account, but you will want to wait for the processing to finish prior to attaching your contacts to a campaign.
8. Once your contacts have completed processing you will receive an email in your inbox advising you of the results of the import, in a format such as following:
Any errors are reported, along with the line number inside your CSV file at which the error occurred.