When you send an Enudge email to your contacts the following link appears in the bottom of the email:
Clicking on the 'Update your Preferences' link opens up an Enudge screen where your contact can see the values of the following information stored about them within your Enudge account: First Name, Salutation, Surname, Gender, Year of Birth, Mobile, Email Address, the publicly available Categories they are associated with, and whether the emails will be sent to them as text only or HTML.
The instructions at the top of the Preferences Update screen read as follows:
Your contact can then:
- Update their details and click Save My Preferences.
- Choose to Unbounce their email.
- Choose to Unsubscribe (or re-subscribe if they had previously unsubscribed).
Encouraging Selection of Appropriate Categories
Only categories marked as 'publicly available' will appear in the form used by your contacts to update their preferences. Both the name and description of all publicly available categories are shown. Below is an example of how the screen looks for Enudge subscribers (we have 2 public categories):
You will notice that publicly available categories are listed with their name followed by a description. Write your category descriptions to encourage participation by your contacts!
To set your categories as Publicly Available:
- From Contacts choose the Category Management option.
- Click on the Edit link beside the category you would like to make publicly available.
- Tick the Publicly Available checkbox, and update your category description as appropriate:
4. Click 'Save Changes'.